I'm a student from Lebanon but live in Montreal. I'm studying psychology legal witch is related to legal principles and criminal responsibility. It is a program that interests me because I'm going to be working with the offenders in particular those who are in prison. As a psychologist, I will be responsible for intervening with people with emotional problems, social or intellectual. I will also have to find solutions and help the people. For this, I must diagnose and evaluate their psychological and mental state. But also, I must use various psychological tests to evaluate the intellectual capacity or skills or to know some aspects of the personality of the person or a group of person. All these test will help me to know the necessary information about the person (troubles, mood, behaviour, ability).
The forensic psychologist can work in several settings such as the police, prisons, schools, and government agencies. This type of psychologists can work directly with the accused, lawyers, criminals, students, families and victims. They may also work in organizations of colleges. Their goal is to try to identify and explain the origin of criminal behaviour. Psychologists work with many people. There is no typical day to show what these workers are doing in this area because every day they have a new situation to manage. It's hard to define their everyday life because they have many responsibilities. We can see the principal aspects of what a real psychologist must do for each given situation in this position:
- They must complete documents to evaluate the risks of each individual. These risks can be positif because the psychologist can evaluate if you are free from prison but they also can be negatif because some of the people will be able to commit a suicide;
- Show the results of each offender to the boss;
- Always ensure control of groups so that people respect the instructions;
- Being able to join the group meetings.


Link: http://www.onlinepsychologydegree.info/faq/what-does-a-typical-day-look-like-for-a-forensic-psychologist/
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire